Monday, January 18, 2010

Target in the heart of the loop

Target Corp. eyes historic Carson's site on Chicago's State Street for new store

So there is word that a Target might be going into the old Carson Pirie Scott building. I'd love to hear people's opinions on this. Personally I think it's a great idea. Would I feel the same way if it was a Wall Mart, probably not. I know that's irrational, but to me there is a difference. I think there are a lot of downtown residents that could really use this, most of all college students. I was excited when there was the potential for a Fox and Oble to go in, but as we all know that feel through. I'm not saying that I want to see the downtown flooded with big box stores, but if downtown can offer some of the slight conveniences that people tout the suburbs for having, then maybe when it comes time to buy a home, people will chose high density downtown living over suburban sprawl.

No comments: